2008/05/19

Poetry Is Painting with Words

As a bit of follow-up to my previous post, I thought I'd add some pictures of the watercolor that Yuna painted to go with the poem. But first, to clear up a few misunderstandings...

1) I didn't write the poem "Green Delight." I just translated it. So unfortunately I can't take credit for the images therein.

2) The link that I included on the post simply has the original text of the poem - the image on that site in no way pertains to Yuna or her illustration project.

And now to our main event.


This sign says: "Intoxicated with 'spring,' poetry // Illustrated poems and contemporary Korean poetry // 100 years of source material on display!"



Here is Yuna's illustration. You can see the Korean on the left and my translation on the right.



And here's a closeup of my translation! Of course, if you actually want to read it without squinting, it's available in the previous post.